Tuesday, May 25, 2010

R.I.P. Happy Travellers


Today I mourned the loss of an old friend…my pair of brown Havaianas. Is it wrong to be sad over two pieces of six-year-old rubber? I think, no.

Why? Because it’s not just the shoes I’m saying goodbye to, it’s all those times I had staring down at my feet in those shoes around our happy world. Walking through Egyptian sand, hanging off the side off Thai boats, trudging through Glenworth Valley mud - places my feet may never be again.

I should have seen it coming, the plug had been blowing over and over again for the entire summer but still, when the strap actually snapped this morning I was forlorn. I even considered taping or gluing it back together. Deeper consideration lead to the conclusion that my appearance was already leaning a little close to hobo these days and thus, ‘Operation Glue’ was abandoned.

So, in honour of the little fellas that have carried me across the world and all around Sydney, I dedicate the below track of awesomeness – Ramblin’ Man by Hank Williams Snr:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1by83_hank-williams-ramblin-man_music

1 comment:

  1. My favourite blog entry to date! The photo makes it better... hahaha - hey, get a new pair before our trip and it'll all be fine xoxox

    ReplyDelete